In this four part series, we will cover every aspect of becoming a leader in your school or community. From personal branding to blogging, you’ll learn what to do and what not to do as you set up your own teaching and consulting business.
In this practical series of conversations, follow along with our instructors as they review the top social news sites, dispel some myths about social marketing, and get you ready to take your career to a new level. Join seasoned bloggers and consultants, Richard Byrne, Angela Maiers, and Chris Dawson, as they point you in the right direction to take full advantage of the word of mouth power of social media and leverage your own expertise to become a true leader and "teacherpreneur".
Richard, Angela, and Chris will provide a balanced look at the positives and negatives of starting your own business, securing engagements, and marketing your talents and services.
You will learn:
- How to meet the challenges you’ll face in starting your own consulting business.
- How to leverage social media for building connections and spreading the word.
- How to craft the perfect pitch to get your message heard and shared by others.
- What makes a consultant successful, and examples of things done right (and wrong).
- How to identify the opinion leaders in your niche.
- How to write for Digg and make your boring business sound exciting and engaging.
- “Secret” strategies for a successful campaign.
- How to create a speaker page and bio that grabs attention.
- Module 1: Brand U - "Understanding and building your brand"- May 10
- Module 2: Expand U - Expand your classroom...Expand your influence - May 17
- Module 3: Market U- speakers page, social networks, speakers bureau pros and cons
- Module 4: Protect U- contract, taxes, infrastructure- dont get taken advantage of...
- Discover and uncover your uniqueness
- Craft your story and share your expertise with clarity and conviction
- Develop and exploring the multiple ways to package your valuable content and services
- Identify and engage with the target audience and community most in need of your contributions
Who should enroll?
Teachers looking to extend their reach and leverage their expertise beyond their schools and aspiring leaders looking to expand their influence and build a business around their skills.
Language of instruction: English